Mav is your personal texting robot that qualifies and follows up with your leads 24/7. Here's how to put Mav to work.
This article applies to the Mav Pre-Qualification Playbook, one of several available to you with Mav. Learn more about our Playbooks here.
Our goal with Mav is to help you automate mundane sales tasks to help you convert more leads all while saving time. The most important thing to know is that Mav is only as powerful as how many leads it has to work with (more on that later).
Let's get started with the Pre-Qualification Playbook. After your kickoff call and intro emails, you should have access to a few things:
- Lead Inbox access: Head here and use the email you signed up with to log in. This is where you'll be able to see all of your leads in one place and their details.
- Your Mav phone number: This is exclusive to you, so when leads text that number, they start an automated conversation with your Mav texting robot.
- Your Free Trial: When you sign up for Mav, you receive a 14 day free trial. This means that for a full two weeks, you don't pay a dime for any leads that are qualified by Mav.
First, try it out for yourself
Take Mav for a spin! Start by texting your Mav number from your phone and going through the conversation. You can also try adding yourself as a new lead with our Quick Add feature.
Whenever you start a new conversation, head to your Lead Inbox and you can see the lead show up with the details that update as the conversation continues.
During your 14 day free trial you won't be charged when leads qualify, so test away!
More on the Lead Inbox
When you're in the Lead Inbox, you can see all of the leads that Mav has worked on your behalf.
Next to each lead you'll see a "Status" flag:
- Opted Out: The lead has opted out of the conversation with Mav
- Active: The lead has an active and current conversation with Mav
- Inactive: The lead has not continued the conversation with Mav
- Unqualified: The lead did not meet the qualification criteria
- Qualified: The lead met the qualification criteria 🎉 You will also receive a notification when this happens telling you it's time to reach out to the qualified lead
Next, set Mav up for success
We mentioned earlier that Mav is only as powerful as the leads it has to work with, so that means you need to make sure your potential customers are aware of your Mav phone number.
We've seen lots of great examples of layering Mav numbers into marketing efforts, and a few of the easiest ones to start with are:
- Adding your Mav number to your website or business cards ("Text me to get started: (XXX) XXX-XXXX")
- Tell referral partners they can tell customers to "Just text (partner's name) to (XXX) XXX-XXXX.
- Adding Mav to your Google Adwords (learn how here)
- Add your Mav number to your Instagram profile (learn how here)
For anyone on our Solo Plan, your Mav number is set up to automatically forward any voice calls to the phone number we have on file for you.
Those are just a few examples, but the sky is the limit - the thing to remember is that the more leads you send to have an automated conversation with Mav, the more time you can spend picking up the phone to talk to qualified leads.
Adding existing leads to Mav
Not only can you use your Mav number to let potential customers start a conversation with Mav (which will start qualifying them on your behalf), you can also have Mav reach out to leads directly.
Example: Let's say you have a list of potential customers that you want to start qualifying. Instead of going down the list one by one to call or text them yourself, why not let Mav handle the heavy lifting? Simply use our Quick Add feature to add each lead and Mav will automatically text them to start the conversation.
Once you add them in, Mav will take them through the conversation and alert you when leads qualify and are ready to be reached out to.
💡When adding your own leads in, it's important that you have their permission, no cold-texting (this is illegal).
Once Mav qualifies a lead, you will receive a notification alerting you that it's time to reach out. Then, it's as simple as logging in to your Lead Inbox, opening the lead, and making contact.
Since Mav exists to make your job easier, you'll start a conversation with the lead knowing everything from what percent they want to put down, where they want to buy, and their budget.
What happens after my free trial?
Once your 14 day trial expires, normal rates apply. You can see the details here, but for those on our Solo plan, you can have 5 leads qualify per month before our per-lead pricing kicks in.
Thanks for taking the time to learn more about Mav! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out.